AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a home theater and what receiver do you think is best for me to buy. My system is below:

room size = 21' x 14' x 8'
Projector - Optoma HD72
Speakers - Polk Audio Tsi400, CS20, & Monitor 30 (Im not 100% sure about the speakers but, I think these are what I am looking at as of now)
Sub - IB 2x 15" with a 1500 Amp

These are the recievers I have been looking at - I think I may start out with 5.1 and move to 7.1 at a later date.

YAMAHA 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver RX-V565

ONKYO 7.1-Channel THX Select2 Plus Home Theater Receiver TXSR706B

Pioneer 7.1-Channel A/V Receiver VSX-1019AH-K

ONKYO 7.2-Channel Black Home Theater Receiver TX-SR607

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Which one has the features you need? The 706 is a model line above the rest and is an able performer. All are nice units, so go for features.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
If you are not against re-furb units you should have a look at accessories4less and can take a notch step up for equal or less cost on some models from Marantz or Onkyo. Drop the Yamaha from this list because its not in the same class. You would need to go to the 765 from Yamaha to get close to any of the other receivers in your list. It appears you are trying to stay in the $300 to $500 range, with the exception of the Onkyo 706B.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/16981404

If you are not against re-furb units you should have a look at accessories4less and can take a notch step up for equal or less cost on some models from Marantz or Onkyo. Drop the Yamaha from this list because its not in the same class. You would need to go to the 765 from Yamaha to get close to any of the other receivers in your list. It appears you are trying to stay in the $300 to $500 range, with the exception of the Onkyo 706B.

Yea I would like to be right around the $500.00 mark....These are just some that I looked at.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
You can problably get the Denon 1910 for that price at some internet dealers. Call for the best price. J&R, 6 ave., OneCall, Vann's, ABT. There is a dedicated thread here for this receiver and it seems to get pretty high marks. Might want to look at this one also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/16982506

You can problably get the Denon 1910 for that price at some internet dealers. Call for the best price. J&R, 6 ave., OneCall, Vann's, ABT. There is a dedicated thread here for this receiver and it seems to get pretty high marks. Might want to look at this one also.

Thanks...I am going to check this out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts