AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my reciever is acting very strange these days.when i power up the unit and change inputs ie dvd, sat which are digital connections as well as cd input which is analog .the unit has no sound . if i change to another input still no sound . so i cut it off come back and by some miracle i here audio. also i tried to go back to system setup but the remote will not scroll down to the options. when i push the enter button nothing happens. is the unit fried or what? it works for a couple of days then it starts again. i am assuming it is a recevier problem. oh by the way it is a vsx-26tx elite about 3.5 years old. time for a denon 3803?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome to the world of the VSX -2xTX blues. I would have to say A LOT of people (me included) have been (and still am) in the same boat. It is a common problem with a "poor" solder job on the some surface mount ICs. Had my receiver for about a year before experiencing the odd problem. Took it back to Tweeters for repair under warranty (took about two months) and hadn't had a problem for about 18 months untill the other week. Same problem! Unfortunately now its out of warranty. I am currently in contact with the customer service department at Pionneer and hoping for a reply soon.

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.