AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for advice for a $500ish receiver that has a full set of 7.1 pre-outs and handles all audio formats (includin TrueHD and DTS-MA). I was looking at the Pio 1019, and then was shocked to see Pio removed the Pre-Outs, my old 1014 had them, but no HDMI. Anyone got any recomendations. I am going to connect an Emotiva 3 Channel amp for the fronts, and will be driving the 4 surrounds with the reciever.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev /forum/post/17050007

I am looking for advice for a $500ish receiver that has a full set of 7.1 pre-outs and handles all audio formats (includin TrueHD and DTS-MA). I was looking at the Pio 1019, and then was shocked to see Pio removed the Pre-Outs, my old 1014 had them, but no HDMI. Anyone got any recomendations. I am going to connect an Emotiva 3 Channel amp for the fronts, and will be driving the 4 surrounds with the reciever.

Thanks

Why don't you look for an Onkyo Pro 885 prepro referb. I think you can find them between $500 and $700.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W700guy /forum/post/17050153

Why don't you look for an Onkyo Pro 885 prepro referb. I think you can find them between $500 and $700.

I am looking for a receiver to power the rear channels. Going with a straight Pre/pro would require additional amplification

·
Registered
811 Posts
Denon 988 / 2808 should still be available at a few online retailers like Amazon. The 989 / 2809 are the newer versions and have considerably higher street prices.

The prior models still do everything you need (all the new codecs, Audyssey MultEQ XT, etc), but don't have DynamicEQ.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Happens a lot. People either fail to note the budget under discussion, or they are just wasting your time

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev /forum/post/17050007

Thanks

I use a Pioneer Elite VSX-91TXH for this exact purpose. Should be able to find for around $500, 110w/ch, 7.1, pre-outs, 2 HDMI in, 1 HDMI out, all audio formats.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt /forum/post/17052372

I have been considering this:
http://www.accessories4less.com/make...r-BLACK/1.html

Seems like a great deal.

You might want to also give the Harmon Kardon 254/354's a good look. Go to the HK E-Bay store. Awesome receivers for the price. Also don't pay so much attention to the power for their amps. Mostly real power with all channels driven or even in some test more than advertised. Plenty of power for what you are using them for.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/17052493

You might want to also give the Harmon Kardon 254/354's a good look. Go to the HK E-Bay store. Awesome receivers for the price. Also don't pay so much attention to the power for their amps. Mostly real power with all channels driven or even in some test more than advertised. Plenty of power for what you are using them for.

+1, cheapest quality options that have pre-outs!

·
Registered
22,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/17052493

The Yamaha V765 and V665 fit into the same class. The only difference between them is the amp section. I use the 665 to power back surround channels and have no complaints.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts