AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Not sure it they are ONKYO or INTEGRA units, but there are some select units that will do this. Some Yamaha also have a HS feature too.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Is it easy to do as one button push or something you have to go into menus for?

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVX /forum/post/20793757

Is it easy to do as one button push or something you have to go into menus for?

I don't know about the lower level Onkyos/Integras, but the higher level models all provide VS as "Zoom" in the Source Set-up>Picture Adjustment menus. To my knowledge, they don't have a remote button that will do the job. Discrete commands are available for them in URC editing software. I program an aspect control page for clients so that they can they can identify the configuration they need...which utilizes the discrete commands so that AR and geometry are correct with or without the anamorphic lens.

I don't know if VS is available for 3D yet in the Onkyo/Integra Products; haven't gone down the FP 3D path yet.

·
Registered
626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billteed /forum/post/20881953

it rarely looks good

You are supposed to use the vertical stretch with an anamorphic lens, without the lens it will look funny. I can only assume that you do not own an anamorphic lens and that is why it rarely looks good to you.

-Sean

·
Registered
8,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billteed /forum/post/20881953

it rarely looks good
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 /forum/post/20885053

What rarely looks good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 230-SEAN /forum/post/20886464

You are supposed to use the vertical stretch with an anamorphic lens, without the lens it will look funny. I can only assume that you do not own an anamorphic lens and that is why it rarely looks good to you.

-Sean

Given just 2 posts and nothing about his own system, may I suggest "trolling" is the motive here?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts