AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of going for a Onkyo TX-NR737. I would like to keep it under 1k~ CAD for now.

Thanks,

Cody

·
Banned
5,866 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ignore that gu, he thinks all amps sound the same and you only need a low end AVR.

The Ultra's reach down to around 4 ohm so they need a good amplifier

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/svs-ultra-speaker-system-ht-labs-measures
http://www.soundandvision.com/content/test-report-svs-ultra-tower-surround-speaker-system-page-3

The center has quite low sensitivity so needs a fair bit of power, and the rears are incredibly low! I've never seen a speaker with such low sensitivity!!
I'm now looking at the Denon 4100x, Marantz SR6009/7008 and Onkyo TXNR1010. :confused:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'm now looking at the Denon 4100x, Marantz SR6009/7008 and Onkyo TXNR1010. :confused:
4100, 7008, or 1010 will do great!:) Just depends which one you like best, I have the Denon 4100 and freaking love it! Onkyo, lost me due to theyre Overheating and HDMI board issues! My vote is for the 4100 ot 7008....:cool:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
OP, they're low sensitivity speakers, so you'll need a decent amount of amplification. You'll probably want to get something that's at the mid to high level of an AVR line from Denon, Marantz, etc. You could also find bookshelves of a similar price that aren't low sensitivity, so they won't be a pain in the backside to drive.

Ignore that gu, he thinks all amps sound the same and you only need a low end AVR.
Instead of continually whining about something that you haven't proven, you'd be better served actually proving it. I mean if one sounds better than the other, show everyone the independent double blind tests that actually prove it.

In short, prove it or stop pretending.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4100, 7008, or 1010 will do great!:) Just depends which one you like best, I have the Denon 4100 and freaking love it! Onkyo, lost me due to theyre Overheating and HDMI board issues! My vote is for the 4100 ot 7008....:cool:
My dads got the 4520 and told me to go with Onkyo... :rolleyes: I'm leaning towards the 7008.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually went with the 7008. I was originally going to order it from A4L and have it shipped to my Uncle in MI. However, I found them for $1k new here in Canada. This was a no-brainer for me.

Reactions: lovinthehd
1 - 8 of 8 Posts