AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to use conjunction with display changer in order to automatically change the refresh rate of your screen to match the fps of the video playing. I am running a nvidia 9300IGPU and windows 7 but I am using mpc-hc to play my files which are mostly 24p and PDVD7 for blu ray. I have reclock and display changer installed and came across the below runevent.vbs here but have been having trouble getting it to work properly. I am in the UK PAL region and my tv supports 50/60/24 Hz. I have asked on the reclock forum but have not been able to solve.

The issue is that reclock stays yellow and says cannot synch this CINEMA video to your video hardware please set your monitor refresh near a multiple of 24. If I change the refresh rate manually to 24 reclock flashes green and red. If I then exit the video the refresh rate does get changed back to the default refresh rate by the script. I tested that dc can change it to 24 and it can.

To confuse matters I did get it to work briefly. I got a message bad driver support change hardware access method so under the video settings , hardware interface i changed the option to direct 3d low and behold the script worked and refrsh rate changed!!! However, I tried changing the seting back to auto and it stopped working again as expected. BUT when I changed back to Dirsct3d it doesn't start working again and either does setting it to directdraw. :bang:

Could it be my Nvidia drivers causing an issue?

I am using the vbs script from this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post16480802

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure powerstrip will work any more than Display Changer as it is reclock that seems to be the problem, dc.exe works when run manually and changes the refresh rate. Will powerstrip automatically change refresh rates depending on the video with out the need for reclock?

Thanks for the MPC-HC suggestion, I'll look into that but also need something which will work when Powerdvd 7 is used for BR discs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slight progress made. The script does work IF my refresh rates is set at 60Hz to begin with. It will automatically get changed. Now as I am in a PAL region I have it set to 50hz for tv etc. Now I am useless with vbs but I presume it has something to do with this?

Can someone please advise how to modify it to take into account that starting refresh rate is 50hz.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
Changing

Code:
Code:
If eventName = "QUIT" Then

newRefreshRate = "60"
to

Code:
Code:
If eventName = "QUIT" Then

newRefreshRate = "50"
may work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the response. I have already got that set and that bit works. When The video is closed the refresh rate does get changed back to 50.

So if a manually change the refresh rate to 60 then play a 24p video dc.exe changes the refresh rate to 24. Great. Then I exit the video and the script changes the refresh rate to 50 as set in the script above. Great.

However if I am set to 50hz to begin with which is what I need as I'm in a PAL region, and play the same video again the script does not change the refresh to 24.

Does that make sense? Seems odd, there nothing in the script that would prevent the refresh being changed if it is 50hz to begin with?

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
Try to change

Code:
Code:
If currentPlaybackSpeed  originalPlaybackSpeed Then
to:

Code:
Code:
If currentRefreshRate  originalPlaybackSpeed Then

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are a scholar and a gentleman, I thank you.

The script is now doing what it is supposed to, so presumably it was a logic error?

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
Perhaps I changed that part of the script accidentally without fully testing...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts