AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclock made my day

324 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Orangelo 
#1 ·
I have been using reclock for the past year and a half.

I have never been interested in altering the source framerate of DVDs / Media (PAL material, no inherent stutter, and never really minded the 4% speedup). I just wanted smooth playback from beginning to end.

Frankly, I had never witnessed any improvement in my setup which I could attribute directly to reclock, but I believed it had to be a good thing being such a popular piece of software and considering how many - knowledgeable - people said great things about it. So I kept using it, more as a matter of faith than anything else. When things worked smoothly, I couldn't frankly tell if that was thanks to, irrespective of or in spite of reclock. Until now...

I built a whole new HTPC to be able to run some settings that I liked: Elecard + Lanczos resize + Unsharp Mask + VMR9. I could not run those with my former HTPC, a 2.4 P4 at 97% CPU usage plus an old Radeon 9000 with lots of tearing issues. With my new machine, tearing was gone, CPU dropped to 60%. But stutter was there, every once in a while, yes, but it ruined the whole viewing experience.

Much has been said about running reclock with VMR9 and Vsync issues associated to that renderer. Well, the minute I turned VMR9 VSync correction on and bothered to spend a couple of minutes adjusting the Vsync target bar, stutter was gone for good.

Thank you Ogo.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.