AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my slibing is looking for a lcd or dlp rear projection hdtv. $3000 is including the stand and the tv. he want to be able to play ps2 games on this tv with little or no lag. and he want reliability that can last for a long time and also he want good picture quality. Is the the sony KDF-E50A10 a good choice? or what else would u guys recommand?

·
Registered
16,691 Posts
JVC, Samsung, Panasonic, Mits would be more at the top of my list.

You can save $$ by NOT getting the matching stand. All of them are overpriced. There are plenty of others at half the cost.

Average price now for a 50-52" Microdisplay is $2500 street.

PS, welcome to the forums..........

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm the opposite. Sony would be at the top of my list and the one you mentioned is a good one. You can possibly get a 55" (A20) and still be in your price range. A good stand will run you $250 - $300 if you shop around.

Also, I can't attest to this personally, but if you read the forums you'll see some people have delay/lag issues with DLP (lip sync and gaming).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the weclome videobruce. anyway, what kinds of model do u recommand for jvc, samsung, panasonic, and mits.

right now i'm comparing jvc's ILA with sony LCD. i don't know which one is good now. can anyone list the difference between ILA and LCD. thanks.

edit: i found a hitachi 50sv810 at sears websites. its on sale right now for 2499.88. is this worth it?

·
Registered
360 Posts
"edit: i found a hitachi 50sv810 at sears websites. its on sale right now for 2499.88. is this worth it?"

i believe this is a year-old model that sears is marking down for clearance. the new models should be in stores soon. beware that the hitachi's have a reflective screen that are not favorable for viewing in a room with a lot of ambient light. however, they do produce a nice picture for an lcd rptv, especially when viewed in a light-controlled environment.

i too think that the sony kdfe-50a10 you mentioned would be a fine choice. good luck with whatever set you choose!

·
Registered
16,691 Posts
ptt660; yes, that is last years model. Hitachi also has a very green cast to the image that has been reported in the Hitachi thread. I always notice it right away.

Six out of the seven new models have a "anti-reflective" screen now.

http://www.hitachi.us/tv/browse/lcd/lcd/lcd_index.shtml

Good luck trying to tell the difference between the series. :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.