AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these posts always get dinged, but I have searched on here and have not been able to find something that will meet my needs.

I am looking for a local dimming LED LCD (not edge lit) in the 40-42 range that has the following. The key is picture quality, then internet add ons. What I would like is:

1. 1080p24

2. Great contrast

3. Accurate colors

4. Internet connections for Netflix, DLNA, Hulu (if possible), Blockbuster or Amazon.

5. Decent sound/

I had my eye on the LG 42LE5400 but can not locate one in my area with the IPS panel.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
The LG 42LE5400 is not local dimming. The following short analysis confirms this:

"LG's LE5400 offers LED backlighting but without the local dimming TruLED technology of the upper tiers of LG's new Infinia line up. The LE5400 series are 1080p panels with LG's TruMotion 120Hz picture processing."

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I think the closest thing you may find in that size is the edge-lit version of local dimming Smart Dimming, Percision Dimming ect, all the manufactures seem to have a different name for it.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by topr /forum/post/19640889

I think the closest thing you may find in that size is the edge-lit version of local dimming Smart Dimming, Percision Dimming ect, all the manufactures seem to have a different name for it.

Because it is a bedroom and we will be mostly watching at night. I am still open to the idea of a plasma. do they have a plasma in the 40-42 range with the netflix, yahoo and DNLA features?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback /forum/post/19652086

Because it is a bedroom and we will be mostly watching at night. I am still open to the idea of a plasma. do they have a plasma in the 40-42 range with the netflix, yahoo and DNLA features?

Netflix, yes. You might check in the plasma forum to see what other stuff is available.

·
Banned
126 Posts
The right LE5400 with IPS panel will exceed your expectation. This LG is obviously one of the best LED HDTVs in the market. I already have that TV in 32" size in my room and it's so perfect. I highly recommend you to buy that from your retailer and experience with it at home. It's worth the shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback /forum/post/19640542

I know these posts always get dinged, but I have searched on here and have not been able to find something that will meet my needs.

I am looking for a local dimming LED LCD (not edge lit) in the 40-42 range that has the following. The key is picture quality, then internet add ons. What I would like is:

1. 1080p24

2. Great contrast

3. Accurate colors

4. Internet connections for Netflix, DLNA, Hulu (if possible), Blockbuster or Amazon.

5. Decent sound/

I had my eye on the LG 42LE5400 but can not locate one in my area with the IPS panel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts