AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My past speakers

b&w 802 nautilus - loved them, a bit too bulky. But loved the low end they offer

Dynaudio focus 220 - so-so, don't really care for the sound.

salk songtowers - sound good, but honestly I don't like the looks(i know some will call me crazy) I really like contemporary looking speakers!

Speakers Im looking at:

Canton Vento 890s

Mirage

Dali Helicons

Sonus Faber

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well if you want contemporary, I would take a look at the Revel Studio 1. They are sleek, modern, and they sound great to boot. Might be a little out of your price range, but if you can find a great deal, they won't disappoint.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Try some Infinity Kappa 9s or some Polk SDA SRSs. The 1.2s or 2.3s. These may be a little old for you but, awesome non the less!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniahead /forum/post/18193805

My past speakers

b&w 802 nautilus - loved them, a bit too bulky. But loved the low end they offer

Dynaudio focus 220 - so-so, don't really care for the sound.

salk songtowers - sound good, but honestly I don't like the looks(i know some will call me crazy) I really like contemporary looking speakers!

Speakers Im looking at:

Canton Vento 890s

Mirage

Dali Helicons

Sonus Faber

Firstly, you're crazy!

I haven't heard the Canton's but love those Dali's. If you can listen to something from Avalon & Aerial Acoustic I think it would be worthwhile.

Ron

·
Registered
258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniahead /forum/post/18193805

My past speakers

What is a contemporary look to you? Salk offers custom finishes, perhaps he can do what you are looking for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts