AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would polk center would you guys recommend for this setup? I want a speaker under $100 if there are any.

Onkyo 304

Polk Audio R50s

Dayton-100

I just wanna keep my setup at a simple 3.1 for now.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Polk CSR. $100 through Amazon.

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashwood /forum/post/14289076

Thanks.

Would you recommend this one too? This has free shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Mon...6077640&sr=8-2

To make an Amazon link delete everything back to and including the asterisks

ww.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Monitor-Channel-Speaker/dp/B0002MPMAE******pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1216077640&sr=8-2
ww.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Monitor-Channel-Speaker/dp/B0002MPMAE

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Mon.../dp/B0002MPMAE

·
Registered
16,876 Posts
The CSR is the matching center for the "R" series. The CS1 is one of the matching centers for the Monitor series.

That said, either will probably work fine.

CSR specs

CS1 specs

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would it be better to get the CSR since it 'matches' my R50s? Besides the CSR and CS1, I was also thinking about the csi25 or csi3.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The idea behind 5.1 systems is to have matching speakers so that when sound is mixed through the different channels (speakers) there is no variation in tonal qualities or volume. so you don't want a tank travelling from left to right sounding like a tank in the left, a tiny citroen in the centre and back to a tank in the right speaker.

Having said that, amplifiers change the sound as do cables, so for your surrond speakers you should try to closely match all these things.

So the answer to your question above is, Yes, get the matching speaker and cable it with the same brand and length of speaker cable as you are using on your current left and right speakers.

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutherk /forum/post/14339449

Having said that, amplifiers change the sound as do cables, so for your surrond speakers you should try to closely match all these things.

So the answer to your question above is, Yes, get the matching speaker and cable it with the same brand and length of speaker cable as you are using on your current left and right speakers.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I wonder what is going to happen next?

The cough that sounds suspiciously like muffled words?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts