AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sony KDS 60A200 just had it's optical block swapped out account of the green blob phenomena. The 2nd optical block appears defective also(return of green blob now accompanied by a pink one too). Can anyone recommend newer Sony TV's with pictures comparable to the A2000/2020/3000 series? I have a hunch that Sony may try to offer me a discount on a replacement model if the optical blocks keep failing to cut their losses. I'm leery of the KDLxxV5100 series because of the auto-dimming and occasional "flashlite" issues? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
562 Posts
You're actually asking a question about a LCD flat panel or front projector since Sony no longer makes rear projection displays. You might get lucky and run across someone in this rear projection forum who like you is looking at making a transition and has an opinion on alternative technologies, but you might be better off doing your research in the LCD Flat Panel Display or one of the Digital Projector forums where the people who know about those technologies hang out.

Just a suggestion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts