AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
TCL Series 6 65", Denon X4500H, Fronts: KEF Q650c, Surrounds: KEF Ci160.2CL, Atmos: KEF Ci160.2CR
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sadly found myself stuck for months and months (years, actually) on the infant stages of my theater project. I find myself trying to get educated and see what and how others have done it but have become overwhelmed at the information out there, the number of builds and the infinite number of conversations within the threads.

I have come to realize that I need some help in the design and layout area and would be best served using a paid service recommended by AVS'ers.

I know Dennis Erskine has a design and layout service and have seen lots of the posted build threads which have included tons of photos of his work and examples of his layouts. While his expertise and end-results are incredible, I am afraid his service fees and target clientele are well beyond my theater budget as a DIY build.

I am also aware that Warren Peterson has a design service listed on TheHomeTheaterBook website for $597. Unfortunately, all I know is a list of what his service provides but do not know if he would be a good fit for me as he doesn't have a portfolio. Has anyone used Warren's design services? What was your experience? Any known build threads resulting from his service?

Are there any other design and layout services out there that are recommended by AVS users for someone planning on doing DIY?

·
Registered
TCL Series 6 65", Denon X4500H, Fronts: KEF Q650c, Surrounds: KEF Ci160.2CL, Atmos: KEF Ci160.2CR
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big:

I would think you would offer something like this considering your experience. I know you have done at least the construction on several theaters. Do you do anything in the design and layout area?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts