AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice before I buy a new center channel speaker.....namely which one!

Speaker will go inside a cabinet under TV, so it can't be too large.

Thanks!

PS - this is my first post here....gaining lots in new info and knowledge as I update my home theater system from 1991!

Just bought:

Samsung HL-S6187 DLP TV

Onkyo TX-SR674

Oppo DV-981

Harmony 880

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
What kind of speakers do you have now and how much is your budget?!

Also are you starting from scratch or adding to existing speakers since it is very important to match all the speakers so your HT sounds proper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Planned on adding to my existing front main speakers, which are Audio Pro Image 11 bookshelf speakers (from Sweden). Don't know much about them as my brother in law was in the audio/video biz ad got them for me about 4 years ago.

As for budget....I am on one somewhat. I'd like to spend under $200, if possible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just did a search ont he web for Audio Pro center channels and found the Image 21 Center Channel speaker. However, this speaker seems like it is not available in the US. All the sites were either UK or Germany and the cost was about $275.

Still looking for recommendations....

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Well you can go with the matching center or use those speakers in another room for stereo music and get a new set of 5.1 speakers and an avr.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.