AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a student with a limited budget (~$500) looking for an av receiver (Upgrading from a NAD amp). I have a pair of mission bookshelf speakers, but eventually want to go surround (I don't think my room is big enough yet!). Can anyone make any suggestions?

Also, how does volume control work with Tivo? Right now, my Tivo controls channel flipping with the TV and also volume control. Does the Tivo control the AV receiver volume too? I want to make this as simple as possible, since the fiance doesn't want to juggle more than one remote.

Finally, in this price range, would it be better to go with a HTIB solution? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I like the Denon 1803. That is what I have in my HT. It sales for 499 and does eveyrhting you want DTS, DTS-ES, DD, DD-EX, PL II. I bought it about 6 months ago and love it. As far as tivo goes you can go into the setup menu and tell it what brand AVR you have and it will let you pick a code and it will work for volume control. I have a tivo and the volume on the tivo remote works the volume on my reciev

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
If you do not care about 7.1, last years denon 2802 sells for $399 online authorized. Although I read a report that it only puts out 61x6 wpc and not the 90x6 wpc advertised.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Suggest you go to harmanaudio.com and check the specials on refurbed receivers.

Dsmith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.