AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time reader of the forum, this is my first post : ) Here's my current system:

Fronts: Polk RTi4

Center: Polk CSi A4

Rears: JBL 2500

Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

... I want to upgrade my fronts. they are just too bland and flat for my tastes. I will move them to the rear and get rid of my current rears (unless it's worth it to 'upgrade' to a 7.1)

anyways i'm worried i have to stick with Polk now that i just bought that Polk center. Is this true? what if i bought from their LSi series? is that enough of a match, or is that the same as a completely different speaker? thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
The best towers to go with your center would probably be the RTi A5. If you want to go with the LSi series for fronts, you should probably try to exchange your current center for the LSiC. It would be best to keep all your speakers within the same series to ensure the best sound match.

As far as upgrading to 7.1, if you're going to have enough speakers for it, why not?

·
Registered
3,792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullEffect256 /forum/post/15503448

Long time reader of the forum, this is my first post : ) Here's my current system:

Fronts: Polk RTi4

Center: Polk CSi A4

Rears: JBL 2500

Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

... I want to upgrade my fronts. they are just too bland and flat for my tastes. I will move them to the rear and get rid of my current rears (unless it's worth it to 'upgrade' to a 7.1)

anyways i'm worried i have to stick with Polk now that i just bought that Polk center. Is this true? what if i bought from their LSi series? is that enough of a match, or is that the same as a completely different speaker? thanks in advance

I like the idea of matching fronts with center, but its probably not necessary. I would at least look for an impedance and sensitvity match. Probably match the woofer/tweeter materials if I could.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts