AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't happy with the dealers that Fujitsu offered on their website. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm interested in the 42" HHA30.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want. Thank you.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just wasn't able to talk any of them down from MSRP. It could be that I am possibly the worst negotiator in history, but I'm still not paying MSRP.

And I really love the Fujitsu picture, I found it hands down the best of them all. I'm talking about the HHA30 anyway, the HVA30 looked good but I was noticing the screen door effect even at about 7 feet, which will be my viewing distance. Both looked great though.

I looked at them all. Pioneer Elite, Sony XBR, Hitachi, Runco, Panasonic. The Fujitsu is just awesome. But I must add, the Panasonic is damn close.....a great plasma indeed. I want a DVI connection for my directtv, so I kind of ruled out Panasonic. I could get around it with the Blade thing, but I'm unfamiliar with how that works exactly.

Fujitsu I can hook up Direct TV to DVI, and connect my DVD player to component. Plus I already have speakers and a receiver.

Of course I can still talk myself into getting a Panasonic if I don't find a nice price on the Fuji, so we'll see.

So to get the original topic, all I want is a decent deal where I don't have to pay MSRP. I love the Fuji, want the Fuji, but don't want to pay a premium price. So if anyone knows a decent dealer let me know mmmmmmmmm k?

Super!

· Registered
1,311 Posts
oh well, if it is pricing ... I am not surprised you are having troubles, if you are lucky you might find someone who would give you a tiny discount, but that is how Fujitsu plasmas are sold - don't expect any bargaining.

For the rest I agree with you, I also thought it was the best looking screen - I almost got it, then I decided to go for something cheaper as I realized that so much is still unclear as to where we are going with these technologies that I figured I will buy again in 3-5 years when things hopefully become a bit clearer.

Good luck, sorry for little help.

· Registered
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by superdude
I want a DVI connection for my directtv, so I kind of ruled out Panasonic. I could get around it with the Blade thing, but I'm unfamiliar with how that works exactly.
The "Blade thing" is an expansion card that plugs into an unused slot in the bottom of the commercial Panasonic models. (The 42- and 50-inch models ship with an unused slot that is covered by a blank plate.) Several varieties of expansion cards are available, including one that adds a DVI connection to the set (part number TY-42TM6D). You can buy the blade from the same dealer that sells you the plasma display.

With respect to the Fuji, check out the DocDVD.com Web site; the guys there are rumored to be able to broker decent deals on the Fujitsu. Josh is one of the guys there that is mentioned frequently on this forum.

· Registered
199 Posts
Hey Superdude,

I don't know how much of a discount he'll give you but try Paul at Park Ave Audio in NYC. Tell him I sent you. His number is 212-685-8170. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.