AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be moving to Georgia (north of Atlanta) in a few months and will be moving into a new home with a basement. I'd like to have a home theater room built before/during finishing the rest of the basement. Since my wife has "asked" :D that everything be finished before/soon after moving in, doing it myself just won't do.

Can anyone recommend someone in the general area that they have dealt with?

If this is the wrong place to post this question or not a post that is appropriate for the forum, I apologize.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Wayne Robin

Total Remodeling & Restoration

770-383-9682

Tell him Glenn's daughter referred you.

Wayne did the plumbing, electrical and some other stuff in my Dad's theater.

He is going to do my theater lobby and some other stuff.

He does electrical, plumbing, hvac and other stuff.

He is also going to lay some concrete for me in the back yard.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Thanks for the "plug" Scott.

Steve, I have a business of professionally finishing basements and Home Theatres in the N. Atlanta area and would be glad to go over your requirements with you. Feel free to contact me at 404-557-6351 or email me at [email protected]

More than a basement business we also sell, install and setup CRT projectors for customers and have a very good reputation in the area. You are also welcome to come by and see my setup (Barco 1209 and a 106 x 60 Torus screen) I will be hosting the June meeting of the Atlanta Home Theatre Group at my place on Saturday June 29th at 1PM. Come on by.

Terry

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info.

Terry,

Someone from the Atlanta Home Theater Group also recommended you. I was on your website the other day and liked what I saw.

When is a good time to contact you?

Thanks for the invite, but I'm not living in the area yet. Perhaps another time.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
262 Posts
Steve,

If you are considering any systems integration (audio or video to other rooms, etc.) home theater automation (lights, curtains, a/v equip) or networking broadband connections, etc., I recommend Synergy Multimedia. They recently installed network and a/v distribution wiring in my new home (basement was unfinished, main floor was completed prior to install), and I can say that they really know what they are doing. They are electrical engineers from Georgia Tech (since you are from Mass. you will appreciate that GaTech has the same reputation here as MIT has there), and they understand how to make the system work together.

You can check them out at http://www.synergymm.com

I worked with Steve Schnugg, one of the principals, and he spent quite a bit of time working with me to design a system. Steve is also a member of this forum. If you would like a more detailed recommendation, feel free to send me a PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.