AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking to buy a new paradigm setup. I was probably going to get the Monitor 9s for the front. Im still not 100% on which center to get. Its going to be the monitor series for the center and surround. What receiver should I get for this? Also. do I need to look into getting an amp for this setup?

More than likely my budget wont let me get an amp so I was thinking of getting a receiver powerful enough to handle the speakers. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to get? Im not really partial to any particular brand, just trying to stay under 1,000 for the receiver.

·
Registered
435 Posts
There are going to be a ton of people that are going to recommend all different receivers from Pioneer, Denon, Onkyo, Sony, Marantz...etc. chiming in on what they think is the best.

Personally, each one has their own "flavor" of sound, so it might be best to try and listen to each of them hooked up to the same speakers you are buying.

I prefer Pioneer. The Elite VSX-23TXH would do a fantastic job powering up your new Paradigms!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured that would be the case. Is there anything in particular I need to look for? Any particular power rating?

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
If you don't mind refurb units accessories4less has a good supply of very capable AVR's. They have some Marantz 7002 and 8002 there. There is also the Onkyo 876S that would fit your budget. I'm using an Onkyo 876S for my Paradigm Ref. Series and it powers them easily. I'm sure the Marantz 7001/7002 or 8001/8002 would do it also. There are new units from Pioneer Elite 21/23 or maybe the SC25 on sale somewhere that would also work well. There are a lot of options in the price range you are looking. Visit Newegg on Saturday for their specials on Onkyo's and Yamaha's.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/18280819

If you don't mind refurb units accessories4less has a good supply of very capable AVR's. They have some Marantz 7002 and 8002 there. There is also the Onkyo 876S that would fit your budget. I'm using an Onkyo 876S for my Paradigm Ref. Series and it powers them easily. I'm sure the Marantz 7001/7002 or 8001/8002 would do it also. There are new units from Pioneer Elite 21/23 or maybe the SC25 on sale somewhere that would also work well. There are a lot of options in the price range you are looking. Visit Newegg on Saturday for their specials on Onkyo's and Yamaha's.

+1 on the refurbs from Accessories4less. I purchased a sr5002 for a great price last summer and its driving a similar set up a la monitor 7's and cc 190 without a hitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts