AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please recommend me an amplifier with parametric equalizer (PEQ). Amp will be hooked to source via unbalanced. It will be used to EQ a 98dB sensitive speaker in a home setup. Speaker to MLP distance is approx 10 feet. Equipment center to MLP distance is approx 7 feet.

I've searched for Crown DSi1000 and Behringer iNuke DSP 1000. The iNuke will definitely need a fan mod. I have quiet 12cm computer fan which I'm not sure if it will trip the overheat protection. Room ambient temperature is about 85°F. Anyone tried the Crown DSi in home installation before? How's the fan noise? Speaker hiss? Is the HiQnet simple to use?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Please recommend me an amplifier with parametric equalizer (PEQ). Amp will be hooked to source via unbalanced. It will be used to EQ a 98dB sensitive speaker in a home setup. Speaker to MLP distance is approx 10 feet. Equipment center to MLP distance is approx 7 feet.

I've searched for Crown DSi1000 and Behringer iNuke DSP 1000. The iNuke will definitely need a fan mod. I have quiet 12cm computer fan which I'm not sure if it will trip the overheat protection. Room ambient temperature is about 85°F. Anyone tried the Crown DSi in home installation before? How's the fan noise? Speaker hiss? Is the HiQnet simple to use?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Just put an equalizer between the preamp and amp. That will allow you to use whatever amp lights your fire.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
QSC DSP-4 or 30 but you will need multiple of them as they are 2 channel units.
Symetrix DSP units like the Solus or Jupiter

Many others in the Pro world

1 - 6 of 6 Posts