AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to move vhs onto dvd. I am getting a dvd+r from dell and am looking for advice on a) how do you move vhs to dvd, and b) what software should I get for this.

do I run the vcr -> what (9700 or do I need a capture card?) -> dvd burning program (which?) -> burner?

while I'm on the software thing, I'd like it if whatever program also can be used to backup dvd's...ie: dvd->dvd. That way I don't need to buy two programs I hope.

thanks,

rob

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hello Rob,

Go to google and look up Dazzle 150. It has EVERYTHING you need for backing up a vhs to dvd or backing up a dvd to dvd.

Enjoy,

Paul

·
Registered
548 Posts
Paul, have you actually used this or is this something you read about? I've heard horrible things about the Dazzle's and wanted to see first hand if someone has had luck with them

Thanks

Josh

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the AverDVD EZmaker and it works great! It's like $30 shipped and comes with an easy to use program that wil do everything. The copies look as good as the original. Go to http://www.dvdrhelp.com/ and look at capture cards for used reviews. BTW, you can use the Avermedia with DScaler.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you mean I can make the interlaced into progressive and save it that way? nice!

anyeay other ways to increase the quality of the picture w/ the move to digital w/ a computer?

thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.