AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally had my surround speakers installed yesterday (first time). Am going to hook up my first blu-ray today and am wondering if anyone has specific movie recommendations to test out my new system.

·
Registered
19,827 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopdog7 /forum/post/19643087

So I finally had my surround speakers installed yesterday (first time). Am going to hook up my first blu-ray today and am wondering if anyone has specific movie recommendations to test out my new system.

Iron Man 2

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Knowing

Master and Commander

The Dark Knight

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Everything he just said plus:

Toy Story 3

Kick Ass

Fight Club

Saving Private Ryan

Black Hawk Down

Scott Pillgrim vs The World

Blue Man Group (forget the title)

So many.... check out the Blu ray forum they list a ton.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the recommendation so far guys (and gals?). I finally hooked up my blu-ray yesterday and popped in some of my kids movies. Specifically, I put in Cars and The Incredibles.

Being brand new to this, all I can say is I was in ecstasy. Wow. And the thing that amazed me as much as anything was how balanced the sound was. Someone had mentioned that to me before but I wasn't really thinking about it before I started watching.

And to think that I was wondering whether I even needed a center channel, which indeed seems to be the key to everything. With vocals coming through loud and clear, I don't have to worry about turning the volume up and down based on whether there is dialog or action. I all blends together so smoothly.

Do I sound excited? Anyway, I will be sure to check out some of the recommendations. I am like a kid at Christmas I tell you.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The Incredibles is a GREAT demo and a great movie!

I'd also recommend "9" (The animated one, not the musical). Lots of nice surround and bass demo material. I liked the bass because it wasn't your typical rumble-fest. There was some detail and some variation to it.

The other disc i love to use is The Eagles, Hell Freezes Over DVD. Really fantastic recording.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts