AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a pair of front tower speakers and a center channel. I have about $500-$600 to spend on them. I'm going to keep using the Klipsch Synergys I have now for rears and will upgrade them later. Have any suggestions for my budget?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Depends on what type of sound do you like? What are your thoughts on your current Klipsch? What did you like or not like about them?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Klipsch just seem too bright and harsh to me. I had a JBL EC35 and a pair of E50s before I acquired the Synergys and liked them better. I prefer a warm sounding speaker.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The Klipsch were also too bright for me as well. My bedroom 5.1 consists of 4 Infinity Primus362 and a PC350 and I enjoy them a lot. They aren't bright....sound neutral to me. Definately, a bang for the buck when they go on sale at frys. Check amazon for current prices.

PSB and Monitor Audio are good prices at SaturdayAudio but little above your price range. PSB good prices at AudioAdvisor as well. If you are willing to stretch your budget, PSB and Monitor Audio are good buys.

In the end, it's always best if you can audition these brands to see if it fits your tastes. IMO, these brands won't be harsh like Klipsch.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I've been looking at the Polk Monitor series since they are in my budget. I listened to the Monitor 60s and thought they sounded pretty nice.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Do they need to be towers? Get 3x Energy RC10's in the front

1 - 7 of 7 Posts