AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoocH
Does anyone have a suggestion for a center speaker that will work well with the Onkyo 7100?

Amazon has the Polk CS10 for $89...

Any thoughts?

Thanks
what are your L&R speakers that will tell you what center to look for .

·
Registered
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoocH
they are the Onkyo one's that came with the 7100 bundle
oh ok , just like afrogt said you want the front 3 to match . So when you find a center you like try to find a left and right in the same model line up . i would go to a audio store and demo some speakers and see what stands out to you more than others .

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoocH /forum/post/0

Does anyone have a suggestion for a center speaker that will work well with the Onkyo 7100?

Amazon has the Polk CS10 for $89...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

A center speaker should ALWAYS match the front R/L speakers -- in other words, it should be from the same speaker line.

If you don't upgrade the other front speakers at the same time, it really could make it sound even worse...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks...glad i asked....

i'll hold off for now...the speakers i have now are good enough for what i use it for...if i could have just bought the center for a couple bucks might have considered it...but having to replace all 3 won't be worth it for me at this point...

any recommendations where to start if i decide to replace the fronts too?

thanks again...

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoocH /forum/post/0

thanks...glad i asked....

i'll hold off for now...the speakers i have now are good enough for what i use it for...if i could have just bought the center for a couple bucks might have considered it...but having to replace all 3 won't be worth it for me at this point...

any recommendations where to start if i decide to replace the fronts too?

thanks again...

That will depend on budget and what you primarily use the speakers for. I would also upgrade the sub if I were you, so budget for that as well... (cheapest worthwhile subwoofer upgrade is roughly $185)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.