AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's late...and I've been researching building my first HTPC all evening. It seems a large number of forum members are using M-Audio sound cards in their HTPC's. The Revo 7.1 has no digital-in, from what I can tell, and neither does Holo3DGraph. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm a little overwhelmed right now and swimming in spec-sheets... Also, I'm a little unclear how someone would use the other M-audio products in a 5.1 setup.

How are other members using their HTPC as a PVR with Digital cable/satellite, where you can receive DD encoded 5.1 audio? My current desktop PC has a SoundBlaster Audigy, and it has both formats of digital ins/outs in the outboard drive bay box. However, I take it not too many members are all that impressed with the Audigy cards. Also, how are users converting the 2-channel per analog outlet (can't recall format name, but same as headphone jacks...) on the M-Audio cards to single-channel RCA cables for a preamp/amplifier?

I think this would be an interesting project for me, since I've built my own computers in the past, and am very familiar with traditional Home Theater equipment/formats. I'm just new to HTPC...

Any advice?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should probably clarify my situation...I currently have Time Warner Digital Cable. However, the decoder box does not output digital video (only S-video and composite), but it does output both ananlog and digital audio. I currently use the digital audio into my HT pre/processor so I can get 5.1 sound on the premium movie channels.

Hoping someone can shed some light...

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.