AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, a newbie here,

I have been looking for some highly recommended speakers for 2 Fronts, Center, and 2 Rears. I already have a 12" 200 watt sub from BIC America. I have a Rotel RSX-1057 receiver. Now I am looking for high quality speakers under $750. My listening habits are 70% HD & SD TV, 20% DVD, and 10% music.

Room dimensions are 12' Wide X 20' Length. It does not matter if they are floor standing, but I would rather prefer them to be either bookshelf or mountable. Please provide some help in this regards.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
you got a great reciever there,is there anyway you can bump up your budget?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
If your not opposed to going used you could check audiogon or even ebay for some deals.Your budget would go alot farther if you went used.You could also get the front three speakers now and complete your setup later when your budget allows you to.

·
Registered
217 Posts
$600 could get you 5 speakers from SVS, plus shipping.

For $718 you could get 5 speakers from Ascend (170SE, Left, Center and Right, and HTM-200 surrounds), plus $56 shipping. If you e-mail them and ask about their holiday special you might be able to knock $110 off since it just ended but they might extent it for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.