AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gents,

Im not sure this is the right place to post so sorry if im wrong! But I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for a UPS for my samsung PN59 6500 plasma? I was looking at the APC ones but I'm not sure which model to get. Not sure about wattage and such. Planning to have my receiver +Tv+ HTPC/ext drives connected to it. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thank you!

-Kevin

·
Registered
863 Posts
Have had good luck with the Tripp-Lite UPS from CostCo - something like a Smart1000.

Would not expect the battery to run a home theater for very long if the power Stayed out, but we get a lot of Short Hiccups - ie: Just Long Enough to RESET EVERY CLOCK in the darn house!
- and the one our main HT connects to has (thus far....) Passed every test with flying colors.

Battery-back up protects a 50" Pan plasma, our STB/DVR unit, a HD-DVD player - and either a Blu-ray player or our HTR (have forgotten which one of those goes to battery backup and which goes to a surge suppression outlet, but am guessing the HTR gets battery: the blu-ray player would be Less Expensive to replace!). Other components get surge suppression only.

Have a second - somewhat older - unit of the Tripp-Lite connected to my main computer station, & have been very pleased with that one as well.

We've also had good luck with APC UPS systems, and currently have 2 in place (again for computer equipment). Belkins have proved less reliable, although the one connected to our "Residential Gateway" (U-Verse Modem / Router / VOIP box) has been rock solid since its installation by AT&T....

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea im just trying to look for a reliable one that can power my systems long enough for me to turn em off.

-Kevin

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would think a priority would be a surge protector/line conditioner to protect the electronics. I've been using a monster brand surge protector/line conditioner for years. Paid about 80.00 or so from Best Buy.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was considering just going for a line conditioner like a Belkin PF60 of 30. Thinking about it my neighborhood barely ever has a black out but still.... The cyberpower UPS look nice but do they offer good surge protection?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.