AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I need help setting up my first HT system. Its going to be for my small 12x14 room. I picked up the Pioneer SP-BS41-LR 2 CH Bookshelf Speaker Pair that are on sale today for $69.99 on Newegg. I plan to use those as my rear speakers. I have already bought the Denon AVR-E300 receiver. 

I am planning to get Floorstanding speakers for the front. Would that be a good choice or should I stick to Bookshelf speakers for the front too? Would the Pioneer SP-FS52-LR be a good choice for the front?

And how about the Pioneer SP-C22 or Pioneer SP-C21 as Center Channel? I'm also planning to get the Dayton Audio SUB-1200 woofers.

What do you guys think about this setup? Any recommendations/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyme  /t/1516020/recommendation-needed-for-a-5-1-home-theatre-setup-budget-600#post_24312198

I need help setting up my first HT system. Its going to be for my small 12x14 room. I picked up the Pioneer SP-BS41-LR 2 CH Bookshelf Speaker Pair that are on sale today for $69.99 on Newegg. I plan to use those as my rear speakers. I have already bought the Denon AVR-E300 receiver. 

I am planning to get Floorstanding speakers for the front. Would that be a good choice or should I stick to Bookshelf speakers for the front too? Would the Pioneer SP-FS52-LR be a good choice for the front?

And how about the Pioneer SP-C22 or Pioneer SP-C21 as Center Channel? I'm also planning to get the Dayton Audio SUB-1200 woofers.

What do you guys think about this setup? Any recommendations/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

What is your budget and will this just be for home theater?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The pioneers are amazing for their budget and BY FAR the best bang for your buck. If you're patient and keep your eyes open for deals (use slickdeals) you can get them for insane prices. I managed to get a pioneer 7.1 setup with 2 floorstanding and 4 bookshelf speakers for around $270. For whatever reason about a year ago BestBuy put the 1st gen models on clearance for absurdly low prices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark62  /t/1516020/recommendation-needed-for-a-5-1-home-theatre-setup-budget-600#post_24312395

You could check these out to go with the Sub-1200, for little over $600 for everything.

http://www.htd.com/Products/level-two-speakers

a review... http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/speaker-subwoofer-reviews/68348-home-theater-direct-htd-level-two-system-review.html
Well, I already bought the  SP-BS41-LR 2 CH Bookshelf Speakers. Are the HTD towers better than Pioneer SP-FS52?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyme  /t/1516020/recommendation-needed-for-a-5-1-home-theatre-setup-budget-600#post_24313029

Well, I already bought the  SP-BS41-LR 2 CH Bookshelf Speakers. Are the HTD towers better than Pioneer SP-FS52?

I think they are, I had the Pioneer 41 and 21 and the center and I didn't like them and returned. But that is just me.

whatever you get make sure you get the matching center to go with the mains.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark62  /t/1516020/recommendation-needed-for-a-5-1-home-theatre-setup-budget-600#post_24315290

...whatever you get make sure you get the matching center to go with the mains.
+1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts