AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

recommendation needed for LED TV to the living room.

viewing distance: 3 meters.

budget: small

important: image quality, size as large as possible, and good viewing angles. for SD and HD

nice to have: wifi to stream movies from pc with hebrew subtitles support, movies from usb port with hebrew subtitles support, support for the different movie files formats.

not important: 3D and smart tv capabilities

i already got recommendation for Samsung UA50F5500 and UA46F5500, would you recommend it? are these models reliable?

i would like to hear your recommendations.

thanks in advance.

Amir

·
Registered
216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir Amran  /t/1522926/recommendation-needed-for-led-tv-to-the-living-room-3-meters-distance#post_24492499

recommendation needed for LED TV to the living room.

viewing distance: 3 meters.

budget: small

important: image quality, size as large as possible, and good viewing angles. for SD and HD

nice to have: wifi to stream movies from pc with hebrew subtitles support, movies from usb port with hebrew subtitles support, support for the different movie files formats.

not important: 3D and smart tv capabilities

i already got recommendation for Samsung UA50F5500 and UA46F5500, would you recommend it? are these models reliable?

i would like to hear your recommendations.

thanks in advance.

Amir
amir for the same prices as those model televisions you can get better picture sand more option. For example at best buy for the see are price as that 50 inch Samsung you get the Vizio m-501d a2r and get more feature S and better picture, this was 2013's toppling from Vizio and its so pretty good, for $200 more you can get the $55 inch models. Sure it may have art features and 3d but your don't buy a TV for that stuff thrown in you buy it for the pictures and the Vizio m series has a better picture than the low priced Samsung untill you get to the 7100 line from Samsung which break even. To be honest nobody else does quite as good as vs in for quality bang for the buck awards Vizio. Don't get me wrong I love Samsung TV's their flagship plasma and their flagship led tests are awesome. They even have nice tier two television. But there tier 3 televisions may Cary Vizio prices but not Vizio m series pictures quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covfam  /t/1522926/recommendation-needed-for-led-tv-to-the-living-room-3-meters-distance#post_24492549

amir for the same prices as those model televisions you can get better picture sand more option. For example at best buy for the see are price as that 50 inch Samsung you get the Vizio m-501d a2r and get more feature S and better picture, this was 2013's toppling from Vizio and its so pretty good, for $200 more you can get the $55 inch models. Sure it may have art features and 3d but your don't buy a TV for that stuff thrown in you buy it for the pictures and the Vizio m series has a better picture than the low priced Samsung untill you get to the 7100 line from Samsung which break even. To be honest nobody else does quite as good as vs in for quality bang for the buck awards Vizio. Don't get me wrong I love Samsung TV's their flagship plasma and their flagship led tests are awesome. They even have nice tier two television. But there tier 3 televisions may Cary Vizio prices but not Vizio m series pictures quality.
Thanks for the answer, but i forgot to mention one thing, i live in Israel. i know vizio is a good brand in the usa but it's not sold here.

all the other worldwide brands are sold here though.

is there anything comparable to samsungs f5500 in about the same price range from other companies like lg and sharp?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Oh sorry amir, that changes everything. In that case at those sizes and price points you get better with Samsung, I'm using America prices for example I don't know the pricing there but I hope it helps a little. The Samsung 50 inch 5500 is $879 here the slight step up 6300 series is $999 and the next step further is 6400 series $1099. The 6300 comes with a dual core cpu and double the motion control as the 5500 the the dual can will make up navigation more responsive vs the 5500 series, the 6400 while $220 more has 4 times the motion control, micro dimming for better contrast and basic TV voice control and 3d. Regardless of if you use 3d or not you will get a significantly better picture on the un 50 f6400 from Samsung. If you can't afford it I strongly suggest saving for the 50f6300 with better motion control and better cpu for better navigation. As for other brands at that price point you won't get quite as good from Sony or LG in that 47-50 inch size range and prices. I hope that helps you amir good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts