AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 50-in Panasonic G25. So far I've using the built-in Speakers. I'd like to upgrade to better audio. Don't really have room for a 5-speaker system. Hoping you could recommend a good system (floor standing) with 2 front speakers and a base unit which I can hide anywhere. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhumur /forum/post/19523469

Hi, I have a 50-in Panasonic G25. So far I've using the built-in Speakers. I'd like to upgrade to better audio. Don't really have room for a 5-speaker system. Hoping you could recommend a good system (floor standing) with 2 front speakers and a base unit which I can hide anywhere. Thank you.

Look at JBL 4326 ( http://jblmonitors.com/index.php/JBL...o-Monitor.html ). They have internal DAC and power amp, come with remote (for volume control) too. You do not need anything else to get sound from your TV.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Budget and room layout/floor plan?

Your options are everything from soundbars of varying quality and price to 2.1 options having the same price range.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-heat /forum/post/19528373

Budget and room layout/floor plan?

Your options are everything from soundbars of varying quality and price to 2.1 options having the same price range.

My room, which is a living room/dining room combination, is 13x24. The entertainment center is along one of the two long walls, the sofa directly opposite to it. So, the viewing distance is roughly 12 ft. I don't really want to spend a lot of dough on this. Would like to stay below $1,000.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I would probably get a ($100-200) Sherwood stereo reciever and spend the rest on a nice pair of bookshelves or towers. Speakers will make the most difference in sound, so spend the bulk on them. If your budget is $1000 tops, you can get some really nice speakers for $700-900.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklac /forum/post/19542284

I would probably get a ($100-200) Sherwood stereo receiver and spend the rest on a nice pair of bookshelves or towers. Speakers will make the most difference in sound, so spend the bulk on them. If your budget is $1000 tops, you can get some really nice speakers for $700-900.

Blacklac, I have an ADCOM preamp/tuner and 50w amp that's about 10 years old. I love the system, and it's still going strong. I'm planning to use them for the home theater setup. Could you recommend a speaker set? What do you think of Klipsch RF-42 II or Klipsch Reference Series RF-82?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Would you prefer bookshelves or towers? Sorry, I don't know much about Klipsch.

If you go I'm the speaker section and search $700 and $1000, you will find fairly recent threads about speakers in that price. I was just searching myself in the $700 bookshelf range. I narrowed it down to Paradigm SE1's and B&W 685, but I wasn't able to hear the B&W's in person so I liked the SE1's and went with them. I am happy with my purchase after getting them home and into my system. I use a small sub with them.

You have TONS of options.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I personally don't care for Klipsch as much as I do, Definitive and Martin Logan. Also I think if you are open to it, Magnolia Home Theaters are no longer going to carry Vienna speakers so you may be able to get a good deal on floor model Hyden bookshelf speakers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts