AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Panasonic Viera TC-P50GT30 should be arriving soon. I am not sure if this is the right area to ask this question.

I purchased the Monster Cable - PowerCenter 8-Outlet Surge Protector (121709-00) from BestBuy. But I am not sure if this is a good one. I have read some mixed reviews.

What kind of features should I be looking for in a surge protector? What would be a decent surge protector (or brand) for this TV?

I am planning on hooking into the surge protector the plasma TV, DVD/VCR player, Blu-Ray player (eventually), cable modem and computer router.

Lastly, am I better of buying my own cable modem or renting from my the cable company?

·
Registered
863 Posts

Quote:
What would be a decent surge protector (or brand) for this TV?

If you search around you should be able to find a fair bit of discussion on this topic.

However - fwiw - we prefer running an UPS as opposed to a surge protector, and (Thus Far!) have had good luck with a Tripp-Lite model available at CostCo. Have also been happy with APC units; less so with Belkin.

You may be better off buying your own cable modem - what is the deal from the cable company, vs the cost of buying your own?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.