AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you guys make some recommendations for a 5.1 speaker set under $2500?

I'm currently considering the following:

$700.00 Paradigm Monitor 7 (FLR)

$349.00 Paradigm CC 370 (C)

$699.00 Paradigm ADP 370 (SLR)

$699.00 Definitive Powerfield 15R (sub)

$2447.00 total

I want a system that sounds decent for both music and movies. Also, the room that I'm putting this in is a great room with high ceilings.

Should I be considering other brands? What do you think of the Paradigm/Definitive package above?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
148 Posts
5 studio 20v3 and a pw2100 should get it done and be able to hang with the best of them. give it a listen

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think Paradigms are fine speakers but I'd certainly look at others in your price range from both B&M dealers and internet direct. I second hectic1's Onix Rocket suggestion. I ended up with these over the exact system you're looking at, minus the Definitive sub. Definitely look else where for the sub. I used to own a DT PF15 and regret every minute of it. It's a one note, distortion laden wonder. I'd rather have no sub than one of those. Actually did so for several years after I sold it. Any of SVS's offerings in that price range will kick its butt.

·
Registered
215 Posts
DEFINITELY make sure to check out the Onix Rockets... combining the reviews I've seen on google, recommendations from these forums, recommendations from **********'s forums, and recommendations from various other forums definitely indicate that they are outstanding speakers, especially at their price!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.