AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a 52"+ LCD TV for Movies, Blu-Ray,and Xbox 360.

I've been reading this forum and visited a few stores (Fry's, Costco, Best Buy), but I still can't make up my mind. I currently own a 42" Panasonic Plasma and it works quite well (it's 8 years old), and I am looking for something larger and brighter. I prefer a panel that's thin and light for mounting on the wall. My wife does not want another Plasma (she likes the bright look of LCDs).

The models I am currently considering are:

Model

Samsung UNB7000 - hear lots of problems on this forum

Samsung 52B750 - seems ok (would prefer larger size)

Samsung 55B650 - hear that PQ is not as good as B750

LG 55LH90 - looks darker than others, very thick

Sony 52XBR9 - blacks are not very dark

Requirements:

1. Under $3500

2. Picture Quality

bright

clear panel

color accuracy

good off angle viewing

matte preferred (but glossy is ok)

dark blacks (not grey)

handles motion well

3. Low Input Lag (for Xbox 360)

4. HDMI/DVI (will be connected to an HTPC using HDMI), 1920 x 1080p

5. Sound - don't care (using a separate 5.1 system)

I liked the way Samsung UNB7000 looked at Fry's but I wonder if I'll have issues in a dark room, where I plan to use it. I am concerned about backlight bleeding, screen uniformity, and other problems.

·
Registered
549 Posts
It all boils down to your budget, and your favorite brand. I personally could go with any of the tv's you listed but me being a conservative virgo
im always on the hunt for the best deal. panasonic and LG both have good deals right now and toshiba. and they look as good as sony & samsung. i say if you got money out your buttock's mitsubishi, laservue is where its at. if i had money out my buttock's i buy every tv ever made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.