AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a direct view set for upstairs to hook a Dish Network 6000 to. I already have a dedicated HT with a Sony G70 downstairs. Need recommendations for the best bang for the buck on a direct view set. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well Matrix, many people like the Samsungs and Panasonics. I, however, prefer Sony. I think that the new 36HS510 will give you plenty of bang for your buck. If you prefer widescreen, the 34hs510 is great. Through the DVI connections, the picture is superb.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
I'd say the top two in that size are Sony and Toshiba. You can save a little money on Toshiba and their sets are a little lighter.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
We are loving our 36" Toshiba. HD, and 4:3, and we got a GREAT clearance price. Great color, picture, and does SD well and plain digital wonderfully. HD is tremendous. Great end of year special. Our projector handles our "movie mode" and this was a great package for the next few years. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dawn, What ballpark is a good clearance price if I might ask?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just Ordered the Toshiba 36HF73 from Sears for $1440. Sears was having a 10% off sale on everything last week.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Does a 36 inch toshiba have auto compression? I've found that the Sony's have better geometry and more stable black levels...plus the excellent compression mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.