AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a subwoofer at a good price. I've spent all my money on a plasma TV and I just need a decent subwoofer to complete the system.

Very limited budget and also limited space to fit it in.

Please understand, I'm not a hard-core audiophile like most people here (which I respect but can't afford to be one) but I do appreciate decent sound. I do video editing but also edit audio.

I'm looking for decent bass but nothing overpowering; my preference is for clean, transparent sound. Certainly, I don't want rumble.

Also, I need to go with a powered subwoofer; with my setup, a passive unit wouldn't be a good choice.

Also, I'm thinking of mounting the side surround speakers from the wall or ceiling. I believe it's a 1/4-20 screw thread on the speakers. What's a good mount for these small, light-weight units?

thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
which has the single RCA subwoofer output. Is this an LFE output? I'm not clear on that terminology?

What would be the proper name for the subwoofer output that is a single RCA plug?

It's an Onkyo 7.1 reciever which I like. Bought mainly for the HDMI inputs, best I could find that a very reasonable price.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
I believe that your Bose speakers only extend to 150 hertz, after which the acoustimass module took over. That module is more like a midbass module than a true subwoofer, so I might look in that direction, since most subwoofers don't play up to 150 hertz well. HSU Research just released the MBM-12 mk2 , which does take over where the Bose rolls off. It only extends down to 50 hertz itself, but probably so did the Acoustimass module.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts