AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking for something to replace my possibly unfixable or possibly too expensive to fix for the price Integra DHC-80.3, I was totally satisfied with it so I'm really not looking to upgrade or care too really, but wanted to get something under $1,000, and have essentially all the same capabilities in terms of audio, don't care for the video aspect, don't use it for that anyway, so it could be a strickly audio processor if necessary.

I use an emotiva xpa-5 for powering my speakers, and a Cerwin-Vega CV-5000 and Behringer epx4000 to power my 4 subs, just adding this in here in case it's relevant.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
@dece870717 Sadly used gear is still expensive right now and might be difficult to find an old pre-pro for that price. Try the Denon x3500/x3600 or new x3700 which are modern receivers with full preouts for around $1k. They have audyssey xt32 like the 80.3 so should sound similar for HT.

You might be able to find the cousin marantz sr6011/6012/6013 for that price? Again xt32 but has hdam circuits and analog inputs for sacd and if you still do 2 channel but want to use the same box for HT Saturday nights.

I still have old Integra gear that has has been in service for 18 years with no issues, so I have been hesitant on getting anything with hdmi. But the new house is wired for 5.2.4 so atmos here i come!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts