AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small spare bedroom that I am converting to a small man cave. Measures about 15X18. I would like recommendations on a 2 channel receiver. I'm thinking about 75-100 watts per channel. I already have a pair of Klipsch Heresys. 75-100 watts could probably over power the room, but I want to make sure I have enough power to eventually move to a larger room. I have been out of the audiophile game for a long time and am now ready to ease back in. I'm most concerned with sound quality. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
What is your source(s)? Do you have plans for adding a sub woofer or is this strictly a 2.0 system?

·
Registered
6,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oudude56  /t/1520923/recommendations-for-a-small-room#post_24437291

Strictly 2.0

You could go with separates if you want, or an integrated amplifier to combine things. The NAD C 375BEE would be a great choice, and has plenty of power for any size room. You can also get a DAC unit that goes in the back should you have digital sources.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Those super-efficient speakers only need about 20 watts per channel, even in a large room.

I suggest the Outlaw 2150 receiver.

It has had great reviews and is a bargain for only $700, at Music Direct.

It has WAY more power than you need.

For even better sound quality you can get the Musical Fidelity M3i integrated amplifier for $1500, or the Creek 5350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oudude56  /t/1520923/recommendations-for-a-small-room#post_24437204

I have a small spare bedroom that I am converting to a small man cave. Measures about 15X18. I would like recommendations on a 2 channel receiver. I'm thinking about 75-100 watts per channel. I already have a pair of Klipsch Heresys. 75-100 watts could probably over power the room, but I want to make sure I have enough power to eventually move to a larger room. I have been out of the audiophile game for a long time and am now ready to ease back in. I'm most concerned with sound quality. Thanks for your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts