AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a projector and a plasma tv, and would like to use the output from my receiver to send the component output to both display devices.

I've read that a splitter will degrade the signal, and that I need a component distribution amp.

Anyone have any recommendations on what I should get and, if it will degrade the signal any.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I tried to link to ebay but I wasn't allowed. If you paste this exact phrase, "Component Audio Video Distribution Amplifier 1 x 4", into ebay you'll find this product.

Is this any good? Or is the bandwidth to low for HD signals?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have an Audio Authority 9850 with two of the four runs 100' and the signal is excellent.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
How far are you going? I haven't heard of folks having PQ issues with Autopatch splitters, and there's many CQC'ers that use them to distribute component around their house.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a run of 30 feet to the tv and 15 feet to the projector.

I also need a few more component inputs as my receiver only has 2.

Are there component switchers that have 2 outputs?

Are there receivers that have 2 component outputs?

It seems that a quality distribution amp can be quite expensive and it might be better to put the money towards a new receiver.

Did anyone look at the one on ebay, or is it just junk?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.