was looking for your recommendations on which one to get. I have been

looking into DLP TV's due to their decent size/price/performance

characteristics, but my only concern is the latency issues I have been

reading about when gaming.

I am looking at a budget of $1500-$2000 (I will go as high as $2500 if

there is a compelling reason to) and plan to use this quite a bit for

gaming. A lot of the games I play do have timing issues (Halo2,

Burnout, etc) so minimal lag-no lag is a big plus. Other than that, I

want to use it for your general DVD viewing, etc.

So, does anyone have any recommendations? Like I said I have been

looking primarily at DLP's, but am open to anything and really not in

much of a hurry.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have been searching through but have not found any good recent recommendations for the price range and type of TV I am looking at. That and HDTV technology develops quick enough, that it is always useful to ask again, since someone may have experiences (good or bad) with a newer model that wasn't out a few months ago.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
True, but there are several other forums that dicuss this regularly. If you only looked in the gaming section, you might not find it because it really isn't gaming. Check the other sections of the forums here for the latest in HDTV news, tech, and user opinions.

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
personally I think CRT RP sets look better in terms of picture quality.. trade off is they take up more space.. Burn in isn't really an issue either if you set it up properly and use common sense such as not leaving the same image on the screen for 8 hours straight.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just got a Panny plasma PX50U, and I love it for gaming.

The new panels have far more resistance to burn-in, and if you watch the brightness and contrast, use a calibration disc for proper set-up, vary the viewing material for the first 100 hours, and continue to do so until you've reached 1000, there should be no problem with burn-in. Gaming on plasma is a beautiful thing.

Not to mention that a lot of the newer games have minimal HUD elements, and considering that the 360 and PS3 games will all run in full 16:9 at minimum 720P, the marriage of next gen consoles and HD plasma makes sense.

Though as you said DLP or LCD may fit the bill as well. You may want to have a look at some plasmas also to see if the PQ suits your taste. I'd suggest Pansonic and Pioneer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeAyKay
Would anyone reccomend a projector?
if i had enough room i would definitely get a front projector

halo 2 on 120"..............

i'm getting a boner just thinking about it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer4life
if i had enough room i would definitely get a front projector

halo 2 on 120"..............

i'm getting a boner just thinking about it
That's... kinda gross dude. I was just thinking that the colors might be too dark or i wouldn't be able to see things very well. Would anyone reccomend the BenQ 7700 over the Optima H77 because the H77 it has less lumens? I also created a topic called "HDTV vs Projection" but no one seems to be responding to it... :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.