AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2Ch receiver with an AB Switch. I am attempting to hook three sets of speakers (a total of 6 speakers) into this unit. I have a few options. Keep in mind I would like to independently select any variation of the three sets of speakers.

1 Run set one into A and run B to a switch with Set two and three connected to the switch.

2 Bridge A&B to the switch and run all three sets of speakers from the switch

3 Run A to the switch and run all three sets of speakers from the switch not using B from the receiver at all

These are the only feasible combinations I could come up with. Feel free to discuss additional options.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

do you "want" to run more than 1 pair of the speakers at any time? or will just one pair of them be powered at any given time?

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

won't work for the application the op has...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj
^^^

do you "want" to run more than 1 pair of the speakers at any time? or will just one pair of them be powered at any given time?
Yes deffinetly need to run any combination of the three

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why don't you purchase a speaker switch box?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am referring to something like the Russound SS-4.2 unit....where it doesn't matter if you have one pair of speakers or four pairs of speakers on at the same time. So, you could have all three pairs on "A" without a problem. However, in your case I would hook the primary pair up to "A" and the other two pair via the switch box to "B".

Good luck,

L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts