Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys here is my question,

My Current Media Center PC only has my old "Sound Blaster Live! Value" card. I have a mini rca to rca converter, and a rca spliter on the analog out of the SB card - plugged directly into the audio on the back of my TV - because i don't have a receiver or a set of speakers.

I want to purchase the Onix Rockets to hook up to the media pc but I don't know if I would getter better sound by either

1: Buying the Sound Blaster Audigy 1 or 2 and connecting the digital out to a decent receiver/amp (probably the Panasonic HAE100 or a sub $300 Yamaha receiver) or

2: Buying the M-Audio Revolution with the 6 channel analog out connected to a decent 6 channel amp out to the speakers?

I've heard arguments for both. I also wanted to know what would be a good choice for a 6 channel amp if i went with option 2.

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
If you didn't already know, you can also buy the Revo and connect the digital out to a receiver. I think going the receiver route would be a safer one since a Revo in a HTPC isn't as user friendly as a receiver.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(trying to get some confirmation)

So the best setup is M-Audio Revo -> digital out to my receiver? Then why the big deal about the 6 channel analog out that i hear people talking about?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Well, the 6 channel analog out is interesting if you wanna use your HTPC as a prepro, but personally I don't think its mature enough. It takes quite a bit of effort to make a HTPC a true blue prepro, and quite a bit of money too. For now I'll keep using it as a source player.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.