AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to buy the Pioneer SP-FS52 tower speakers and the Pioneer SP-C22 center channel. My family room is fairly large and open (22x20 with 10ft ceilings) The room was pre-wired for in-ceiling surround speakers and the room is not ideal for bookshelf surround speakers (a lot of foot traffic where the surround speakers would be)

For a 5.1 system, I know that most people recommend to buy the 5 speaker from the same manufacturer, but it looks like Pioneer has discontinued their in-ceiling speakers. Some of the discontinued Pioneer speakers, such as the S-IC651s and S-IC851s , are still available on Amazon.

So does anyone have any recommendation for in-ceiling speakers to match up with the Pioneer towers and center channel? Or should I buy the discontinued Pioneer in-ceiling speakers?

Thank you for your advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the suggestion. So I should not be concerned about pairing up non-Pioneer rear speakers with the Pioneer towers and center?

Also, any suggestions on a good subwoofer for this system since I have read that the Pioneer subwoofer (SW-8MK2) was not great? From an older post, some people recommended the Polk PSW505. Would that still be the recommendation or does anyone recommend a different sub to pair with the Pioneer speakers?

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts