AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current system is all Def Tech.--- BP2004 fronts . CLR2002 center and BP6B rears. Although the fronts have decent bass extension . I would like to supplement it with a "true sub" The system only used for HT . Room is large because its an open concept with family room opening to the large kitchen area. Total area approx 30' X 30' x10 '. The subwoofer can be located behind the system or next to my listing position about 15 ft away. My budget is around $500. Any suggestions? I notice Hsu VTF2/3 , EDesigns A300 , SVS and several others are favorites here. I have to buy without listening as I can find these around my area. Suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
180 Posts
where is your area? sometimes members of the forum are located near you and will allow you to come listen to their sub, might be worth checking out before you purchase without hearing one. of course room acoustics, etc are always going to be different but it might give you a good sense of what you like

·
Registered
8,103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportflyer /forum/post/18134110

I notice Hsu VTF2/3 , EDesigns A300 , SVS and several others are favorites here. I have to buy without listening as I can find these around my area. Suggestions welcome.

Those are all good brands.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If you have any interest in DIY check out the THT. It should easily outperform all of those you listed and can be built for under $400. The brands you listed are all good for commercial if that doesn't interest you.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos1965 /forum/post/18136108

eD A5-350 $800 SHIPPED

Sorry, but i would say still not enough! I would say that a pair of them might be better, but would depend on your room. I really like the new a5-350, trying to get my brother to bite. In one of my rooms at 2400^3 ft i have a pair of epik towers. Do i think i want more? Without a doubt! Thats $2200worth of subs in a room 1/3 your size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.