AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sanyo PLV60 that is coming up on 3 years and I need an upgrade, badly!

I am currently leaning towards the HS20, although the recent thread on color uniformity has me worried. What are some of the other solid performers that I should check out for under $3500 or there abouts???

No 4:3s please, 16:9 natvie res only.

Thanks...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would look at the Sharp 9000. They can be had for less than your budget, and are a very decent performer for the dollar. Not too bright though, but with the fast colorwheel no worries of rainbows.

mattammo

I also would look at the HT1000 with panamorph, but that would be a little above your budget.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Re: issue on HS20 color.

The question on color uniformity appears to be a bit misleading. It is not clear that this is a panel misalignment issue or that the color is different across a screen.

When I focus the HS20 and look close at the focus test pattern words "Focus", I see a thin sliver of green shadow on the upper right corner of the pixels in the word "Focus" - I have never seen that green affect any material I have actually watched. I have not measured to see if across my screen I have more green on the right than the left which would be implied by the core question. Moreover I do not see green halos around the objects in the scenes.

My --guess-- is that the color survey question was too poorly worded to get a good sense of the issue. The survey on panel misalignment reported the same conclusion - apparent problems in test, no discernible problem in viewing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.