AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to build my own HTPC. I have been looking at the various options and it's not clear to me which are better. In particular, for a tuner card, it seems that there's MyHD MDP-100, Fusion HDTVII, and Access DTV. I saw one reviewer who had both of the latter seem to recommend the Fusion over the Access, but even that was lukewarm. I am wondering if there are any people who are more experienced who could give me the "low down?" Also will any/all of these cards work for recording to Hard Disk?

Second, I am looking at either a Revolution 7.1 or the new Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum EX (don't know why there needs to be so many names there). The Audigy is only 6.1 and I was planning to go 7.1 but I haven't heard many positive things about the Revolution and since it doesn't seem to have an external input I was thinking that my Tivo wouldn't play through it unless I bought an additional mixer. Any recommendations among these or possibly another alternative I haven't looked at?

Finally (and this may seem like a lame question) it appears that the MyHD and the Access card have VGA outputs. Do these have the equivalent of a video card built in or must one still purchase a separate video card?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.