AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a new A/V system w/ HD compatibility.

Can anyone recommend a HDTV Receiver and Antenna combination for someone living a few miles from Sutro? (noe valley)

I have a Grand WegaII 50XBR800, and a nice Denon A/V Receiver.

Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Check ut www.antennaweb.org for antenna recommendations for your address. You have some choice for HD receivers (RCA Samsung etc) I believe there are some other forums dedicated to then, you could do some research there. You might also want to look at the HDTV-in-SFbay forum on yahoogroups.

- Nikhil

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have checked antennaweb.

The recommendation is: "You need a Medium Directional Antenna"

I would like to receive NBC in HD, but apparently that is difficult from San Francisco.

I am fishing for suggestions on which antenna and receiver to buy for my setup.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
You quest to receive KNTV-DT from SF is going to be a hit or miss solution. The STB can be any of the available boxes - they all work good. Everybody has their favorite. It comes down to if you want satellite capability or not. If you do then which service - Dish or DirecTV. The OTA antenna is a whole different story. You may want to start by asking for help from someone in your locale. Here in the south bay the reception problem is not the same as it is in SF. So the antenna that I use most likely won't work for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.