AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am in the market for a new tv, 55-60". We have a fairly large living room where the viewing distance in some spots is > 15ft. I was thinking a 55-60" would go good in that room.

I'm looking in the $1000-$1500 range. I do not care about 3d at all, and LED lighting is not too much of a concern to me. If a good quality regular LCD 1080p, I would be totally fine with that.

At Costco, they have the Sharp Aquos LC-60LE633U on sale for $1400. Looked for some reviews online and it seem ok. What are you guys' recommendation in this price range?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There is also a LG 60PV450 available at Sears for $1200. I would however prefer a LCD/LED over a plasma due to the IR issues and break in period which i've been reading about.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
374 Posts
At 15 feet go as big as you can, a 70 inch Sharp at that distance would be nice.

For $1000-1500 your going to get a second tier big screen. Get the Sharp 70e735, not sure how much it is but as I said at 15 ft, you need a bigger screen.

I watch my 55 inch at 8ft and wish I would have bought a 60 inch .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.