Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Around $3000

2. 16:9, Direct view

3. Able to display my Tivo signal decently.

4. Able to display HD content as it comes available.

5. Able to display proscan DVD decently.

I am using a TimeWarner cable with a digital (not HD) STB right now, but could be convinced to go with a dish if it were the right thing to do (I'd need to change to DSL instead of my cable modem). Also, I'm willing to wait a few months for the right model to come out if something is announced but not yet available on the shelves.

Your help/suggestions appreciated! --ma

[This message has been edited by Major Astro (edited 08-14-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Major Astro (edited 08-14-2001).]

·
Registered
181 Posts
Astro,

The Toshiba's seem to be very popular around here, and I recently made the plunge with the new 50H81 ($2200 w/price match at Sears).

The new 57H81 is a 57" widescreen which is also in your price range.

Good luck,

Paul

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
There should be some Sony direct view sets with Firewire ports available this fall. You will need the Firewire port to connect future HD Devices. Toshiba does not have any plans for HD sets with Firewire port.

Another good choice would be the Mitsubishi WT-46809 HD upgradeable set. They cost around $2100. The Promise Module that will add Integrated HDTV turner, Firewire Ports etc will cost about $1000. This set is not a Direct View, but will protect you against obsolatance.

------------------

Bruce.in.Cary

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Just to give some closure to this topic, I ended up blowing a lot more money getting a 42" Panasonic Plasma monitor. It should arrive in a couple weeks.

Thanks to those that responded with suggestions! --Karl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.