Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am planning to purchase a plasma to hand on the wall and would like your opinion on a good set of speakers to go with it.

My budget is around $2000 for just the front and center speakers. They will be used for classical music, jazz, and new age music and also home theater.

I know Definitive Tech is coming out with their Mythos speakers which match the plasma. Are they any good?

Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just heard about a company called Artison ( www.artisonusa.com I believe). They apparently make high quality plasma speakers that mount on either side of a screen. They do not require a center speaker and cost $1500 for a pair. Have not been able to listen to them and have not seen a review yet.

Anyone have more info or experience with this speaker?

CCJ

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am sure that if the Mythos are already here and set up in a local store in Sacramento, Ca (I listened to them on Thursday last week) you should be able to listen to these speakers at a home theater store in the bay area.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Especially if you listen to a lot of classical, you should take a listen to the Vienna Acoustics Weberns. Designed for on-wall mounting next to plasma, and a wonderfully transparent, detailed sound. Three would be a bit over your budget, but you could do what I did - Weberns for front L/R and a Cambridge "Centerstage" fo the center. The timbre matching- via the ear test - is pretty close, the center is much less visible, and the total price would be a bit under 2K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.