AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm looking to invest in an upgrade to my sound system. My roommate just purchased a beautiful HD Projector and I'm thinking I need to upgrade to a 5.1 system to match it.

Current Setup:

NAD T762 Reciever

2 PSB Image B25 Bookshelf Speakers

I'd mainly used them for music previously, and they were suffecient for my needs at the time. (I know the reciever is overkill, but I knew I'd be upgrading at some point and wanted to be ready.) My room is a 16' x 16' living room, so I don't need a great deal of power.

My question is would it be better to go for a small form factor route, eg Anthony Gallo or Orbs? Or would is be wiser for me to expand the PSB system I have...a sub, center and possibly a set of towers?

I'm looking to spend 1,000-1,500. My local Gallo dealer will take the PSB's as trade ins, which would leave an A'Diva Ti system at about the 1,500 mark for me.

Let me know what you guys think......And thanks!

Putts335

·
Registered
317 Posts
You can get Orb Mod2 speakers for a lot less than the Gallo's and sell your other speakers on Ebay. I am hearing a lot of good things about the Orb's and will know more later this week when my order arrives. Do some research. In the end it's what meets your requirements that counts not our recommendations.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstand /forum/post/0

You can get Orb Mod2 speakers for a lot less than the Gallo's and sell your other speakers on Ebay. I am hearing a lot of good things about the Orb's and will know more later this week when my order arrives. Do some research. In the end it's what meets your requirements that counts not our recommendations.

Agree with this 100%, I demoed both the Orbs and the Gallo's and wound up buying two complete sets of the Orbs. Money was not an issue. If you ask me the Gallo's are WAY overpriced.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
As far as sound quality is concerned, the Orbs will not be an upgrade over the PSB B25's.

Quote:
My question is would it be better to go for a small form factor route, eg Anthony Gallo or Orbs? Or would is be wiser for me to expand the PSB system I have...a sub, center and possibly a set of towers?

I think the latter would be a better route for sound quality.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've got Gallo's Micros, and am very happy with them. I have not heard the Orbs, so I can't comment on them. The A'diva's seem to be better than the Micros, with the Ti driver extending both the high and low frequency range. If you listen to a lot of music, I'd demo them first. Music seems to lack a little of the high bass punch with the slight gap between my Micros and my SVS PB10. Also, it's a general consensus to skip the Gallo sub and order elsewhere (Orb Super8 might work well).

Here's a link to the best small Gallo speaker thread I've come across so far: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=766132 . There's quite a bit of discussion on different models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.